We are a 100+ F2P/110+ P2P Runescape community which emphasizes on friendship and having fun. It is our destiny to succeed.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to Post Screenshots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Godel
Admin

PostSubject: How to Post Screenshots   Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:26 pm

How to Post Images!

The following is a guide for guides by Godel on how to take and post screen shots.
For those that are new at this, it may take some time at first, but after 10 times, you can usually do the whole process (minus uploading) in like 10 seconds.
Yes, a guide for this is obviously needed, since I see no images in any guides =\

This process may look long and difficult, but most steps take less than 2 seconds.

Step 1: Decide what you're going to screen shot

This is really an uneeded step, but for demonstration purposes, I'll do it anyways.
In this example, I'll be taking a screen shot the part in a red box in this image:

Step 2: Taking the Screen Shot

To take the screen shot, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (usually marked Prt Scr)
Its location is show below

(Ignore the date, it's some random pic I found cuz I don't have a camera lolz)

Step 3: Paste into Paint

Open Microsoft Paint: Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint
Go to Edit -> Paste or press Ctrl + V and the uncropped version of your image will appear.

Step 4: Cropping the Image

After pasting the image, it should be selected (dashed line around the frame). If it's not selected, press Ctrl + A. Grab and drag it until the top-left part of the what you want is in the top-left corner of the portrait.

After that, you crop the opposite corner. Select any tool other than the marquee tool (pencil or painbrush is good)
A little square will appear in the bottom right corner of your portrait. Grab that and drag it up to the bottom-right corner of what you want.

Your image should now be cropped

Step 5: Saving and Selecting an Approiate File Format

Go to File -> Save As...
Save it to the desktop, since it will be easiest to do the next step from there.
When selecting file format, here's the ones you should worry about:
.bmp: High quality, but extremely large file size. Definitely not reccomended.
.png: It's the same as bmp, but a lot smaller. Reccomended.
.tif: About the same quality as PNG, but usually a bit smaller. Not all sites support it though.
.jpg: Lowest filesize, but also worst quality. Usually avoid.

If you have a fairly large image, typically you don't want to upload it as a png, since it will be a huge filesize. In this case, you want to use a photoshop-like program to save it as a high quality jpg.

Step 6: Uploading the image

There are many sites that you can upload an image to, for the sake of this tutorial, I will use imageshack.
Go to http://imageshack.us
Click on browse, select the image you're uploading, press Open, and press Upload.

It will take a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on how large that image is and your internet speed.

Step 7: Posting the image

After the upload finishes, you'll get a page like the one below. Copy the direct link by highlighting it, and then either right click -> Copy or press Ctrl + C.

Paste the direct link between [img] code brackets, like show here:
Code:
[img]DIRECT LINK GOES HERE[/img]

Final Product:

Last edited by Godel on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Godel
1 warrior45

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Screenshots   Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:35 pm

ur a boss
Back to top Go down
Godel